Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hacktoberfest 2019 Issue #2

Week two has come and gone, and another pull request has been done. I was trying to find a JavaScript or C++ issue that I would be able to solve but I did not find one I was comfortable in doing. It took a long time to find one but my open source professor just said to find an issue and just dive in and do it! Unfortunately I did not listen to that advice as one of my friends gave a issue to work on and I was able to do it.

The issue (https://github.com/a3qz/hag/issues/72) I was able to do was to add more flavor text to a dungeon crawler video game called Hag. The game is written in C and is a complete game that just has some bugs here and there. There is 10 floors to the dungeon and each time the player arrived at a new floor, text would popup to describe the story and I had to update that text and make it a very interesting story. I had to really go deep into my creative thoughts and imagination to create a riveting and fun story and fits into the lore that the original developers created.

I submitted pull request (https://github.com/a3qz/hag/pull/106) on October 11 2019 and have not been updated yet if they have approved my pull request. This issue was not too hard but it was an improvement from my week one issue since that one was just fixing a typo. Although I did find it interesting that a simple (sort of simple) game needs many files in order for it to run. I hope the next issue I find is either a JavaScript or C++ coding issue that is within my level.

I will continue to update my progress and hope to learn more things for the 2nd half of hacktoberfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment