Thursday, October 31, 2019

Hacktoberfest 2019 Issue #4

Hacktoberfest 2019 is almost done and I have done my 4 pull requests! It was a very interesting month of finding issues and bugs and learning how to fix it and research about new languages and techniques that other developers use.

For my last issue, I have found a voting platform for the community driven game called Forged Alliance Forever. You can vote on what maps you want to put in the map pool for each month and the results will be shown after the voting ends. The issue (https://github.com/FAForever/faf-voting/issues/5) was to create a login page for users to log in with their FAF account.

The pull request(https://github.com/FAForever/faf-voting/pull/12) I made is just a front end login page that fits in the theme of the rest of the website. It sends the users username and password to the FAF back-end where it will be integrated there. I submitted the pr without adding the functionality for the back-end since the developer said he only wants a button to login, but I might have to update it later if he wants that implemented.

Hacktoberfest 2019 has ended for me and I have done 4 pull requests. This has been an interesting experience for me since it was my first time looking at other peoples code and modifying it, and I liked the idea of contributing to many projects. I think I will still continue to look for more projects on my own time and try to learn some more coding languages and skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment